Water Damage Restoration Bucks County
Call on the McClain Bros. to restore your Bucks County home or business from any water damage!
Flood and Water Damage Restoration Services
Water Damage Restoration, Repair, and Prevention Throughout Bucks County
Water damage can be a scary and stressful situation to be in! It is messy and causes harm to your home, that is why its important to get the problem handled right away! Today we are going to tell you the common causes and signs of water damage. Additionally, we will give you some quick tips in improving the situation as you wait for professional help. If you are ever facing water damage, remember to call McClain Bros!
Signs of Water Damage
Causes of Water Damage
drywall | ceiling | floors
So now that you recognize the sign and causes of water damage lets move on to some tips that you can use to alleviate some of the problem as you wait for help to arrive. Remember while you may find many DIY repair advice online, unless you are a professional you could make the situation worse trying to solve it yourself. Save yourself time and money by calling McClain Bros for your water restoration needs.
Step 1 - Identify the Kind of Water
Knowing the type of water will help a lot in knowing where the damage is from and what needs to be done about it. There are three kinds of water that can cause water damage to your home.
- Clean Water – This is water from leaking pipes, condensation, rain and such. This is the safest to clean up since its not contaminated water.
- Grey Water – The grey kind is waste water from appliances such as the dishwasher, washing machine and so on. Mild disinfecting will be needed to fully clean up from this kind of water.
- Black Water – This is the worst kind because it is from sewage lines or river overflow. Black water will need extensive caution, cleaning and disinfecting.
Slips, falls, electrocution and (depending on the kind of water) infection are the biggest hazards to worry about while waiting for help. So follow these steps to stay safe and to alleviate the problem as much as possible.
- First thing you’ll want to do is get children, pets and others away from the area the water damage is occurring.
- Next, you’ll want to put on rain boots or other waterproof shoe if you need to move in the flooded area. If if it unclean water then be sure to also have gloves and a mask handy to keep you safe.
- Turn off the power to the effected rooms via the circuit breaker to avoid electrical hazards and damage to you electronic devices. Only do this if you can reach the electrical panel without walking though the water.
- Shut off the source of the water via the main coming into your home/office. Again, only attempt this is you can do so safely.
- Try to remove wood furniture, electrical appliances, paper objects and other valuable items away from the affected area. You’ll want to get them to a safe, dry place before they become irreversibly damaged. Then you will want to clean them off and dry them as quickly as possible.
Step 2 - Safety First
Step 3 - Let the Professionals Help!
Once you, your family and valuables are safe and out of the way its time to let our professionals help with our outstanding water damage restoration services! Here at McClain Bros. we also offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services. So if and when a plumbing emergency arises know you can count on us here at McClain Bros. Plumbing and Heating.
We can get your home or office back to top-condition, our water damage services include: mold remediation, water restoration, repair of broken pipes, water-proofing basements, drying the flooded area, disinfection and repair water damaged construction as well as preventative measures such as installing a MOEN Flo Smart Water Monitor and Shutoff system. Be sure to call us today if your in need of any of our services!
Flo Smart Water Monitor and Shutoff
MOEN Smart Water Detector
Flood and Water Damage Restoration Services in Bucks County
McClain Bros is proud to serve our local neighbors with all their water restoration and pipe repair needs. From waterproofing basements to emergency plumbing services and MOEN Flo installations – we are here to help! Our team of professionals are ready to help keep PA safe and clean. Be sure to call us today for any of our services.
Water Damage Restoration Request
Call Us Today or Fill Out the Form Below
Other Services We Offer
We're Your One Stop Shop For All Home Repairs in Bucks County!
Headquartered in Tullytown, we proudly Offer Plumbing, Electrical, & Heating Services in all of Bucks County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia, PA