Sometimes bad things happen; life can be surprising and catch you unprepared. When your plumbing goes wrong and you need help right away, remember that you can call us 24 hours, 7 days a week for emergency plumbing service! We are ready to help Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. Unsure what is considered an emergency and not just an unfortunate situation? There are four occurrences that are considered a plumbing emergency and will need immediate attention.
- Flooding can be caused by a few failures such as a malfunctioning sump pump, a backed-up sewer, water shut off valve failure or a burst pipe. You don’t want to wait in a flooding situation because of potential damage to structures. If you notice any flooding be sure to call us right away so we can stop it before it becomes a major safety hazard.
Backed Up Sewer
- The point to a sewer is to take away waste and keep your home sanitary. When the sewer line backs up this creates a health hazard. You are going to want to return the ability to use facilities and run water immediately in order to stay happy and healthy.
Being Without Water
- If you try to use any water appliance and are getting nothing that is a major concern. Water is vital to living a healthy and clean life and you are going to want to return to normal function as soon as possible. You don’t want to be without the ability to cook and clean for long.
Potential Burst Pipe
- There are a few things that can cause a burst pipe: being frozen, decay and clogs. All these problems can be potentially avoided with careful attention.
- Frozen pipes can prevent water from traveling to where you need it and cause the pipe to expand which can lead to cracks. Once it thaws it can leak and cause flooding. This can be caused by a heating system failure or if the weather becomes unusually cold so be sure to keep an eye out for any signs that you might have a problem.
- Old pipes can corrode and eventual rupture over time. If you have an older home (50 years or older) or steel plumbing make sure you get them checked out before there is a chance they break on you suddenly.
- Clogged toilets or pumps can increase pressure inside of your pipes and if the pressure is too much then they can burst and cause flooding. This can be an avoided problem by keeping good care and regular maintenance of your system equipment.
Whether you need routine maintenance or emergency plumbing – McClain Bros. are here to help! We are proud to serve Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. Now that you know the facts, you can prevent your heating, sewage or plumbing system from getting in your way from having a good day. If you notice any signs that you might need some help give us a call!